Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kensie's first cavity...

Today was the day we had all been dreading.....Kensie's dentist appointment! I had put off getting her cavities fixed because I knew it would be a fight and sure enough Momma was right! For some reason my kids do not take to the oral sedation meds. We had to be there at 8:30 so I was planning on leaving around 7:45 to make sure we would have enough time because it was snowing. I was on time until we were headed down main street and Kensie needed to pee. I had to turn around and go back to the house which took a good 15 Min. We finally got back on the road and I noticed that I was almost out of gas. So another 10 Minutes were use which left me 20 min to get to Spanish Fork....in a snow storm! I drove the speed limit (which was too fast for conditions) and as I was coming around Santaquin hill I almost rear ended a grandpa going 45 in the fast lane! My brakes felt like they weren't going to grab but luckily they did at the last minute. We finally made it to Dr. Sorenson and were only about 5 minutes late. They gave her the medicine and we waited and waited and waited and waited and sure enough she didn't go to sleep. They took her back and tried to get her comfy and give her the gas. She cried the whole time and I finally just had them hold her down. I knew she wasn't in pain because he had gave her Demerol and numbing so I think she was just scared. Me & Cael left, but they said after he got started that she calmed down. It didn't take long to get it done and I'm relieved that she is good for awhile. She was out before we hit the free-way and slept for over 3 hours, maybe next time I'll have him wait another hour for the meds to kick in.

1 comment:

The Park Family said...

Trisha!! You are BUSY all the time!! I don't know how you make time to do anything! Your kids are so lucky to have you as their momma! I hope that I can be at least half the mom you are when I have two babies. You are AMAZING!!!