My baby is now a big girl and is old enough to be a Sun Beam. Today was her first day of Primary and it turned out to be mine too. For the last couple of years I have had a calling in the Relief Society being over the monthly activities. It is a creatively draining calling and I was finding myself feeling burned out and wanting a change. The second week of December we were getting ready for church when I got a call asking if we could meet with the bishop after Sacrament meeting. They had recently released the Activity Chairman and I thought for sure that they were going to call us to take their place. I did the happy dance and told Casey we were getting new callings. He's been the Deacon Advisor for years, but was not happy about getting released. On the way to church Casey said I don't think I'm getting released I think you're getting a big calling. I told him to not say such things and that it had to be the Activity calling. After sacrament meeting we went right to the bishops office and waited to meet with him. Ondi Williamson the 2ND counselor came in with a silly grin on his face while rubbing his hands together said "are you nervous?". I told him no, but Casey was upset about being released from scouts. He then informed me that Casey wasn't getting released and in fact he was only there for my support. My stomach dropped and I felt like jumping out the window. When the bishop made it in I asked if he had called us in because we hadn't got him his neighbor gift yet. We all got a big laugh and he continued with telling us that there were some changes coming in the ward. He said after much praying and discussion that they wanted to call me to Primary President. I think I swore when he said the words (is that a bad first impression?). I asked if he was serious and Casey just burst out laughing! They told me that they had made several lists and my name just kept coming to them. I've never felt more inadequate. I accepted and told them I would try, but I wasn't promising anything. My kids were thrilled when I told them and i'm excited for the new challenge. I have an amazing group of girls helping me, Avalon Park first counselor, Mandee Robison second counselor, and Natalie Jones Sec. They were all so excited and I hope we can keep a fun energy going.




1 comment:
Oh Trisha how wonderful that you have such a great calling. This is a good time to do this when the kids are in there.
So proud of you! Love ya!
Post a Comment