Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Update on my goals.....

It's been 4 months since I made this list of things i'm going to accomplish by my next birthday.

1-Be more patient with my kids work in progress

2-Be more patient with my kids work in progress

3-Be more patient with my kids (i could do this for at least 20)

4- Get organized! my house, finances, & schedules. not started yet - still in the planning stages.

5-Cook more I have taken a class on bread making and also invested in a Bosch.

6-Decorate my house. I always seem to get started and never finish. Started with pics to come.

7- Learn how to sew. I have done a little sewing, but I'm horrible so I want to take a class to learn the basics. waiting for the classes to start back up in August

8-Stick to a budget....ugh started

9-scrapbook more started

10-be more diligent in my church calling started

11-Video more, I take a ton of still photos but rarely video. just bought a new camera so I have been better.

12-Play with my kids more. started and we now have new family rules about TV and Wii so we can spent more time together.

13-Exercise regularly started riding my bike at night, walking, and will start Zumba next week.

14-Go camping more. started

15-drink LESS Dr. Pepper I have cut myself back to one 20 oz in the morning and sometimes one in the evening when Casey gets home, but I have been tons better!

16-Eat healthier I have stopped buying junk and signed up to get a bountiful basket full of produce.

17-Start taking college classes again. {it's too easy to talk myself out of it} Not started

18-take better care of my car. work in progress

19-get our home remodeling projects completed. all of our major projects are close to being done...yahoo

20-get our fence up. not yet

21-get a playground {for my summer sanity!} not yet

22-Keep my house cleaner, since no one ever seems to visit when it's clean only the days I've let my kids take over! I have implemented new rules which include no going outside until everything is picked up, no snacks are taken out of the kitchen (this one is for Kensie, Cael already knows this), i will be moving all the toys downstairs to our somewhat of a playroom, deep cleaning I have scheduled for Friday mornings, and I'm trying to do a load of laundry every night with my big laundry day being on my days off. The kids have also started doing real chores which has helped.

23-Read to my kids more. started

24-Teach Kensie all the animal sounds. She has really struggled with talking and answers Moo to every animal. started

25-Get Kensie Potty Trained. done!!

26-Be better at giving gift for special events {weddings, showers, graduations, and family deaths.} started

27-Be a better Wife trying

and finally....

28-Update my blog more!!!!! As of today I'm completely caught up, but summer may be a different story.

I'm actually doing better on these than I thought. It really does help to write down your goals so you have something to work towards. Hopefully I can have a "done" by all 28 lines come January 28. wish me luck!

No comments: