This year for Memorial we spent the weekend out at Cherry Creek (north of the sand dunes) camping. Except for some wind on Friday, the weather was beautiful and we soaked up every minute of it. We went on some fun rides, which did include two rattle snake sightings. We had found a new trail that went through the Ashley National Forrest. I had no idea there was a National Forrest out in the middle of Sage brush and cedar trees and it actually did feel like we were in the mountains. The trail went through a field full of wild flowers that were so thick you couldn't see the ground. When we reached the top the trail ended and so we stopped for a break. Me, Casey, and Cael decided to walk up the trail and see why it had ended. We crossed a creek and head up the foot trail to only find flowers and water. When we started to head back to the group I noticed everyone jumping back into their RZR's and Casey's Aunt Linette was picking up her dog. I could figure out what they were doing until someone yelled "Rattle Snake". This was the first time I had been around a live Rattle snake and from what the guys said it was Big. It was laying right off the trail in the thick cover, but it must have been spooked by Linette's dog and started rattling. Gary fired a couple of shots, but it wouldn't move so we got out of there. On the way down the trail Cael said "Mom, I'm like Indiana Jones I hate snakes!" Later on in the day Gary ran over another one in the road. Uggggh....I hate snakes too!
The Family WAGON.
Just Chillin....



No comments:
Post a Comment