Saturday, June 26, 2010

One year Anniversary...


One year ago today we were sealed in the Manti Temple for Eternity. I'm so thankful we were able to go. The day was exhausting and I think I felt every emotion possible. Mostly I worried about how my kids would react. Cael gets nervous easily with new environments and I knew it could lead up to him throwing a fit. I scheduled our endowment session for 10:30am which meant we had to be there by 9:00 am. I thought the earlier the better for the kids. I was up most of the night before getting things ready and filling our paper work out. I couldn't find Casey blessing date anywhere, so I just guessed on his. We got up and fed the kids who were still half a sleep. I packed the kids a bag to take with snacks and ham wraps. My Mom, Dad, Chris & Jakoye followed us over early because Chris and My mom were our escorts. When we pulled up to the temple it started raining and we were already running behind so I didn't get a picture of us going in. When we walked in the temple workers welcomed us and told me I was bride #5. I was surprised to be #5 since it was so early. They labeled all our stuff with that number and took our bags just like they would at a Hilton. We then showed our recommends and they let us through. We headed straight to the nursery/kids waiting room. Cael warmed right up to the sweet ladies that were working in there, but Kensie needed a little convincing. We finally just left with her crying because I new she would be fine once we left. We then did our initiatory and then I met with the matron Sister Pratt who from Ferrin, before starting the endowment session. I headed to our session and passed all of our family and friends waiting in the hall, I wanted to stop and hug all of them but Sister Pratt informed me to keep walking to the front. It was the last day of the Mormon Miracle Pageant and the session was huge. They filled every seat. During the endowment I managed to forget my gum, trip on some steps, and had a wardrobe malfunction during a prayer circle. When I finally made it to the celestial room I was pretty exhausted! We then headed straight to sealing room #2 which was the same room my Uncle Hap and Aunt Bonnie were married in. President Kenison married us and then we waited for the kids to come. We waited and waited and waited. I started to get nervous so I looked out the door to see Kensie being held by one of the workers, but I couldn't see Cael. As time went by I knew he had to be throwing a fit, sure enough one of the workers came in and whispered to me that "Cael might need some help". Me and Casey headed out to find out what was going on and found him hiding behind a door crying. He wouldn't listen to me so Casey finally got to him and carried him into the sealing room. He screamed the whole time. Kensie still had sleepy eyes and cooperated at first but soon was crying too. Cael would not let go of Casey's neck and my dad pretty much had to pry him away. President Kenison sealed us quickly and I didn't hear a thing he said from all the crying. After the sealing we finally got Cael calmed down and asked what the problem was. It turned out he hated the white jump suit they dressed him in. WHAT???? Yeah, he didn't like what he was wearing. I should have known better and bought him his own white pants to wear. The kid is so picky about what he wears! Kensie on the other hand would not stop crying. I had a friend of mine go through a few months before us and she had the cutest pics of her family all in white outside of the temple. I had wanted to do the same, but Cael was throwing such a fit over his outfit I decided to bag the white outfits and change back into our church clothes. Kensie is still crying her eyes out, Cael's not speaking to either of us, and Casey now has a migraine. We finally make it outside to get our pictures done. I had a friend of mine come over to take them so I wouldn't have to worry about it. A lot of our family had already left and the kids would not cooperate at all. We did our best and called it good. Once again EXHAUSTING! On the way home we stopped and ate at our favorite Mexican place Los Amigos. Overall it was an amazing day and I'm glad we survived.

Doesn't this look like a family that wants to spend Eternity together?




People in Attendance


Family-
Reid & Vicki Jarrett
Chris & Jakoye Smith
Hap & Bonnie White
Karen Newton
Bart & Lynsey Miller
Ron & Machelle Shepherd
Wayne & Connie Jarrett
Cody & Marissa Jarrett
Travis & Alison Jarrett
Grandpa & Grandma Morgan
Jason & Kelli Stilson
Linette Smith
Jeremy & Alisha Lynn
Jason & Amberlee Worwood

friends-
Jason & Kandi Dansie
Eric & Jen Taylor
Bishop Brett & Becky Ludlow
Lisa Blackett
Leonard Trauntvien


Temple prep teacher Jerall & Michelle White

hopefully I remembered everyone.

No comments: