Monday, December 7, 2009

First BIG snow storm...

We finally got a big snow storm. You can see the snow on the roof of the dog kennel. We woke up on Dec 4 to 8 inch and it continued through the day and we ended up with over a foot. Then on Monday the 7 we woke up to another huge storm. It always drives me crazy when people forget how to drive in the snow. I had to take my kids to Nikki's and it took me over 45 min to get from my house to Mona. There were cars off the road and a little path for both sides to try and drive on! On the way back to Nephi I took the free-way, which had been plowed, so I made better time.
It was still snowing like crazy when I went and picked up the kids. We decided to have Gavyn sleep over so Nikki wouldn't have to come in early to bring him to school (her tires are not good). Cael loves sleep overs and we have always just had them sleep on the floor, but my dad gave me the idea to have them sleep foot-to-foot. They slept so much better and I didn't hear nothing from them until 7:00 am the next morning.

Unfortunately they didn't call a snow day, but luckily my car has All Wheel Drive and I was able to get them into preschool. There were a lot of the parent who couldn't get out of Wilde-4-learning's drive way. Welcome Winter!

No comments: