
This year we were over the annual Earl Jarrett family Christmas party. We have had this party my whole life, but we use to have it on Christmas Eve at my grandparents house. It would start out with a big meal and then us kids would play with our cousins downstairs until dinner had been "completely" cleaned up (which was torture and felt like an eternity!) Then the adults would agree that we could exchange PRESENTS with the cousin that we had drew. I remember staring at the list of who everyone would buy for that hung on my grandma's fridge. Oh I couldn't wait to find out who would be buying me a gift! Then when it was time for the party I couldn't wait to find it under the tree. This party was something I looked forward to every year and I would pray that I wouldn't be sick and have to miss it. But like everything in life, times change and the family soon out grew my grandpa's house. Starting in 2005 the family moved the party and the date to the weekend before Christmas which has worked really well. We started having the party in the basement of the School district office, but we again out grew it and decided to have it in the Juab county cultural hall which worked fabulous! We had plenty of room to set up everything and even a place to do our craft.

As many of you know, I'm not a cook! I quickly volunteered to do the invites and craft, which left the real cooks of the family to decided what we would be having! Papa Reid decided on marinated turkey, so we did the traditional yummy potatoes, salads, school lunch rolls (thanks to my mother-in-law), and my Uncle Rodger brought carrot cake. We had PLENTY of food and it was all Yummy!


Opening a present with gloves, quickly turned into eating off the paper! It was entertaining to watch!

As many of you know, I'm not a cook! I quickly volunteered to do the invites and craft, which left the real cooks of the family to decided what we would be having! Papa Reid decided on marinated turkey, so we did the traditional yummy potatoes, salads, school lunch rolls (thanks to my mother-in-law), and my Uncle Rodger brought carrot cake. We had PLENTY of food and it was all Yummy!
These are the ornament we did for a craft. They actually turned out good considering I thought them up in about 5 min while standing the craft isle at Walmart the night before the party....Me a procrastinator, No I just work better under pressure! ha ha

Getting ready for the present Relay.
Opening a present with gloves, quickly turned into eating off the paper! It was entertaining to watch!

No comments:
Post a Comment