Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday lights at Thanksgiving point.

Because Christmas was fastly approaching we thought it would be fun to spend a night and go see the Holiday lights. Unfortunately everyone in Utah county was thinking the same thing. There were people everywhere! We had our hearts set on eating at Texas Roadhouse, so as soon as we buckled our seat belts I called to get us in. They told me it would be an hour wait and we were driving from Nephi to Lehi, so I thought that would work perfect. Well when we finally found a parking and I squeezed through the 900 people waiting inside they informed me it would be another 45 min. We didn't have enough time, so we went to Panda Express instead. They too were bombed and we ended up having to eat in the car. At this point I was hating people!

We finally got over to Thanksgiving point and this was the line to get in! Over 45 min to get to the entrance, plus Nikki's gas light kicked on when we were about half way down. My mom kept calling in a panic thinking they were going to run out. We were in separate cars so Casey said if they ran out he would push them and I could drive our car. I can see the headline now "Stupid women goes to drive-thru lights show with no gas...her brother-in-law pushed her instead." Jay Leno would have been all over that! Luckily she did make it through and we were saved from the embarrassment! The kids loved the lights and Cael said his favorite was the toy soldiers shooting the cannons over the cars! Of coarse that was the one I didn't get a picture of. On the way out they had a big display over the road with Santa waving goodbye. Well my mom must have been smelling the fumes from the van, because she asked Nikki what Sania was. Nikki and the kids started laughing and let her know that it was T not an i and it is pronounced SANTA.

After we made it through the show we headed over to see the Reindeer. These must have been the rejects from Santa, because they were not in the Christmas spirit and just laid there. The kids still thought they were cool.







No comments: