Today my baby boy was baptized and I'm amazed at how fast time has gone. He was excited to get baptized but was a little nervous about the whole thing. He asked several questions about the water and would almost get embarrassed about having to get dunked in front of everyone. After reassuring him that every member of the church has been baptized and that he was not the only one to go through it he acted better about the whole thing. I wanted to get him a suit but was afraid he wouldn't wear it. He's picky about his clothes and will rarely wear anything too dressy. To my surprise he actually brought it up and asked if he could get one so we headed up to JC Penney's and picked him one out. I have to say he looked so handsome and grown up in it.
After he was baptized I ask if he felt different and he said "Not really but it was fun!"
He had a lot of family support there including
G&G Jarrett
Wyatt, Nikki & Kids
Chad and Jessica
G&G Smith
Chris, Jakoye and Girls
Kaidon and Kalee
Wayne &Connie Jarrett
Karen Newton
Bonnie White
Paul Jarrett
Hal & Debbie Newton
Brady, Tenille and Kids
Bishop Myers
Bishop Myers
We had a luncheon after to celebrate not only his baptism but his birthday as well. I have always wanted Amanda Lunt to do a cake and since it was a milestone birthday I decided to surprise him with one. He has been obsessed with baseball and absolutely loved the cake and cupcakes. He received several gift from everybody
Mom and Dad- Scripture Quad
G&G Jarrett -Scripture case and tie
G&G Smith-Baptism book
Newton's - pocket Book of Mormon
Chris & Jakoye family-Money
Aunt Karen-Tie pin
Blacketts- Kit-Kat bar with poem
We had a great day and I'm thankful for everyone who joined us to celebrate.
Mom and Dad- Scripture Quad
G&G Jarrett -Scripture case and tie
G&G Smith-Baptism book
Newton's - pocket Book of Mormon
Chris & Jakoye family-Money
Aunt Karen-Tie pin
Blacketts- Kit-Kat bar with poem
We had a great day and I'm thankful for everyone who joined us to celebrate.












No comments:
Post a Comment