Friday, February 8, 2013

Cali Trip 2013 Day 3- Disneyland Poncho Style

We had known all week that today was going to be cold and wet so we headed over early to try and hit some rides before the storm came in.  The kids had never rode Indiana Jones so we started there and basically walked on.  Kensie was just barely tall enough by the hair on her chinny chin chin.  They honestly checked her height 3 times before they would let her get on.  Now me and Casey both agree that our kids need to try things and I don't want them to be scared of everything so we just throw them on everything and let them decide.  I know Indiana can be scary and dark so I was a little nervous putting her on, but after the ride was over she acted shook up for a minute and then seemed fine. By this time Chris & Jakoye had made it over and wanted to go on Indiana before the line got too long so we kept the baby and went on Pirates.  When we headed into the ride it was a little over cast but no sign of rain.  When we got off the ride it was another story and was coming down in buckets!  Linda stayed with Meghan in the exit of the ride while we went to rescue the strollers.  We ran them underneath Tarzan's tree house where there was some cover.  Casey was on top of it and had purchased poncho's so we quickly put them on.  There was so much water coming down it created a river that was running over our shoes.  By this time we were completely drenched including the strollers and everything in it.  When it finally calmed down I remembered my camera was down in one of the bags and had gotten wet.  It wouldn't turn on and I was unable to use it the rest of the day.  That night I took the battery our and let it dry out and luckily it turned on the next day.  Today was also Barbara and Chris birthday so we had made reservations to eat at the Bleu Bayou inside the Pirates of the Caribbean.  We were all so cold and the restaurant had a chilly draft which made it hard to get comfortable.  When we ate here last time I had the chicken and I loved it, but this time I wanted to try the Monte Crisco Sandwich that I had heard so much about.  It ended up being a mistake because I can't handle my food too greasy and it was really rich.  That is why when I find something on the menu I like I never try anything else so this doesn't happen.  I was also disappointed in our waiter who acted put out when we asked to split the check.  Anyway you live and you learn.       

Nikki took this picture of Me, Casey, and Cael rescuing the strollers....Look at that rain!


After the storm we headed back to the room to get some dry clothes and shoes on.  Cael stayed with Nikki and got some pics with the characters.  Our motel had a dryer so we were able to throw all our wet stuff in.  When we headed back over it was still cold so we decided to do some shopping and see some of the exhibits on Disney main street.

I bought this Antenna topper in memory of our wet day.  Our Ponchos we wore all day were also yellow so I thought it fit perfect.  Mickey also has a Mickey mouse on the back of his which is so cute!



Kensie picked out this hat that had lights around the brim.  She loved it and wore it the rest of the trip.  I had bought this sit and stand stroller before our trip and I don't know what we would have done without it especially during the storm.  It was so cold walking back to the room and so both the kids sat in it and we covered them with a blanket and poncho to keep them warm.  It came in so handy and was worth every penny!  Plus it had drink holders and a big compartment underneath to put our stuff.
I thought this was so funny looking so I took a picture....Only in Disney can you wash your hands next to a princess.
We tried some different things this trip and one of them was pin trading.  The Ludlow's had told us some of the tricks and Cael really took to collecting.  Casey had bought all the kids some pins at the motel for them to trade, but we really didn't know how to go about asking.  Becky had told me to trade with the employees so we stopped in a pin shop where Cael had picked out some pins to buy.  He wanted to trade so bad and while we were checking out I noticed the man working the counter had pins on.  I told him Cael was just getting started and was wondering if he would trade with him.  The guy was so nice and explained the rules to us.  Cael was beaming when he picked out what pin he wanted to trade.  From then on he was hooked and kept his eye out for workers to trade with.  We did meet a girl in one of the pin shops that wanted to trade but when she wanted one of Cael's good pins he broke the deal off and decided to stick to trading with Disney workers who wouldn't tell him no.  Kensie only liked to collect pins and was too attached to her pin to trade any.  They were able to bring home a fun souvenir and we plan on taking them back next time and doing it again.  We ended up back over to California Adventure that night and about froze to death having soup bowls on the Pier.  We finally talked Casey into going back where the kids got into a warm bath before bed.              


No comments: