It feels like our summer is slipping away and I haven't got anything done that I planned. We have been busy with the kids and trying to keep up.
Cael's new obsession is baseball. I honestly think he would play 24/7 if we would let him. At the end of the coach pitch season things had really started to click and with his desire to practice all the time he is becoming a really good player. Casey, Dr. Rosenbeck, and my cousins Ryan & Tyson have put together a 8u fall baseball team that will start games on Aug 27. We have been going to the ball field every night for a couple hours and practicing. He loves to practice, but sometimes gets lazy and doesn't like to listen to what his dad is telling him. Just like during wrestling season, we put our foot down and informed him that he will not be wasting our time. We are there to help him in anyway, but he needs to give 100% and be appreciative of what is being done for him. When he starts pouting and back talking we load him up and take him straight home. It only took a few times for him to adjust his attitude. He has been having a really good summer and loves it when I work so he can go to Mona and play with Gav and Taylor Newton.
My Kensie Lou has also been having a great summer. She loves to play in my make-up and get "dressed up". You never know what she will come up with and has us rolling all the time. Lately she has been quite Sassy and I can't help but laugh when she bosses Cael around. She has also picked up swearing and doesn't care who is around when she lets off her "oh Damn". I have no idea where she would have heard this ?!?! She still loves anything domestic...loves taking care of her babies, cooking, cleaning...Future housewife right here. The American Girl magazine showed up and she has been obsessed with going to the "man" (American) store in New York. There were several night she couldn't go to sleep because she wanted to plan our trip to go on the "a plaim"(airplane) to New York. We might have to surprise her in Cali and take her to the store in LA. She has started in with the "why" questions and I can tell she is always trying to figure things out. She is a huge story teller and it about drives her brother crazy. Yesterday i was in my bedroom folding clothes when I heard Cael yell "Kensie you weren't on Wipeout!" She answered with a "Yay i wa Tael". He doesn't fall for her lies, but we sure do get a laugh out of them. Her stories usually consist of a "oh my gosh" or "I wa like...wha?" and a "it wa so funny" line. Love this girl!
Girls Night Out to see "Brave". The bears kind of scared her, but she loved it.
Cael and Gavyn were invited to go to the Owls game with Chad and Jessica. They had the best time and came home with fun souvenirs.







No comments:
Post a Comment