I have to admit that I wasn't really excited about going to the Zoo. I didn't say anything to Cael about going until he came home from school last Thursday and told me that his teacher needed to know if I was driving up or riding the bus. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I didn't want to go so I signed up to ride the bus and I'm so glad that I did. We had the best time and I enjoyed being able to spend the day with just him. He is growing up so fast and I need to take advantage of these opportunities as much as I can. The bus ride went by really fast and I had a fun visit with all the other mom's. There were also a lot of Dad's that went and it reminded me of the field trips my dad went on with us. He was always the favorite chaperon because of his fanny pack filled with treats. Cael had fun on the bus playing with his friends and didn't complain about the drive. My kids are actually really good in the car. When we got in the park everyone went their separate ways and I asked Cael if he wanted to go find some of his friends. He said No, I want to go see the owls. I was surprised that he didn't care what his friends were doing and was content with just being with me. I wish I could keep him this age forever, I love that he's not too cool to spend time with me. Unfortunately they are doing a lot of construction and the bird exhibit was closed. It will be fun to go in a couple of years and see all the new things that they are adding. Wednesday, May 11, 2011
First field trip...
I have to admit that I wasn't really excited about going to the Zoo. I didn't say anything to Cael about going until he came home from school last Thursday and told me that his teacher needed to know if I was driving up or riding the bus. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I didn't want to go so I signed up to ride the bus and I'm so glad that I did. We had the best time and I enjoyed being able to spend the day with just him. He is growing up so fast and I need to take advantage of these opportunities as much as I can. The bus ride went by really fast and I had a fun visit with all the other mom's. There were also a lot of Dad's that went and it reminded me of the field trips my dad went on with us. He was always the favorite chaperon because of his fanny pack filled with treats. Cael had fun on the bus playing with his friends and didn't complain about the drive. My kids are actually really good in the car. When we got in the park everyone went their separate ways and I asked Cael if he wanted to go find some of his friends. He said No, I want to go see the owls. I was surprised that he didn't care what his friends were doing and was content with just being with me. I wish I could keep him this age forever, I love that he's not too cool to spend time with me. Unfortunately they are doing a lot of construction and the bird exhibit was closed. It will be fun to go in a couple of years and see all the new things that they are adding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















1 comment:
I am laughing at this post because of 1) I'm picturing you dad with a fanny pack, 2) you called Cael a little Kimo. hahahaha I hope you see this comment since it is so late.
Post a Comment