Unfortunately the sick bug hit our house this week.
Kensie had not been feeling well the weekend before and then sure enough both me and Casey started in with it. I kept hoping
Cael wouldn't catch it, but
Friday he started to come down with it. He woke up
Friday night crying that his throat hurt and he didn't feel good. I gave him some
Tylenol and he went right back to sleep. I was not planning on him wrestling the next morning, but he got right up and said he felt better and wanted to go. He acted fine and I thought that it must have been a 12 hour virus. I was starting to think differently when we got to Fillmore and he started to whine about having to warm up. I could see Casey getting after him so I went down to see what was going on. He started crying and said he had a headache and sore throat. I hurried and rounded up some
Motrin while kicking myself for letting him come. It's hard to know what to do when they are
insistent they feel better. Shortly after the matches started and I could tell by the look on his face he didn't feel well. His first match was against the same kid he wrestled in North
Sevier the week before where
Cael had dominated the whole match and ended up losing in over time. I knew it would be close, but with him not feeling 100% the kid ended up pinning him. The next match he lost in points and then finally perked up the last match and pinned the kid. In the end he took third and was feeling better by the end. We stopped and ate with the group and then by the time we got him home he was feeling sick again. Cooper &
Brax came down and watched a movie with him and tried to make him feel better. The next morning he still was sick and spent the whole day on the couch. Monday he was feeling better so I sent him to school and he did fine. Now I'm just crossing my fingers we are done with this sickness and looking forward to state!

Juab Boys.....I can imagine this picture in a yearbook 10 years from now.
Cooper, Treyson Coombs, Levi Dansie, Gav, Brax, Cael, & Will Harmon.
No comments:
Post a Comment