
Juab had an awesome turn out with over 30 kids showing up to wrestle. When we got there the parking lot was empty and I was thinking that we had made a mistake and hope that Cael would have some kids to wrestle. It turned out he had a 4 man bracket. The first kid he wrestled was from team takedown and made it obvious he knew what he was doing, but Cael gave him a run and only lost by a few points. The next kid was from Richfield and didn't give Cael to much trouble. I think Cael won by 10 points. We then watched his last kid, who was from Carbon, wrestle against the Team Takedown kid. Wow was the Carbon kid impressive and almost pinned the team takedown kid. Me and Casey both looked at each in fear. I thought for sure it would be a blood bath. Cael again proved his strength is his best accent and went all three rounds with the Carbon kid and at one point almost pinned him. The kid was full of free-style moves and in the end got Cael in some kind of head lock. Cael was upset when he came off the mat and I told him not to cry because he had done so well. He said he was crying because he had hurt his neck. Coach Christensen talked to him after and pointed out some things he could have done different. I would actually prefer for Cael to get matched up with good kids, because he learns so much from wrestling them. If he is not challenged then he can't figure out his weaknesses and improve them. I've been so proud of him this year and I know he is giving it his all and trying to learn as much as possible. In the end he took 3rd and added another metal to his growing collection!
No comments:
Post a Comment