Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter weekend 2012....

Easter didn't go as planned this year for many reasons.  First was Casey and the kids were still sick.  Cael had spent the first of the week home from school and then around Wednesday Casey came down with the darn stuff.  Horrible coughs, body aches, headaches, and no appetite.  When I asked Casey to go get the trailer out of storage he said he didn't even care if we went cause he felt so horrible.  The only thing that made him feel better was soaking in the tub and unless there was a way to pull our tub behind the trailer he wasn't going anywhere.  Casey loves to camp so I knew he felt miserable.  So we decided to wait and see what happened by the end of the week.  The second thing was that the kids were in school all week and then out the next.  With Cael already missing so much school I didn't feel right about letting him miss anymore.  Lastly was my Grandpa Earl taking a turn for the worse the weekend before. I'm going to do a detailed post about this, but it was a very emotional week and I knew I couldn't be without cellphone service and not know what was going on with him.  So it turned out that we didn't go camping which was fine with Cael since he claimed to receive more from the Easter bunny if he came to our house instead of the trailer.  I don't know where that came from.  Saturday morning we woke up and decided to treat the kids and go to Denny's for breakfast.  While we were there Linda called and asked if we were coming out to ride because they were doing their annual ride to Sand Mountain.  We love this ride and once the kids got wind of it they begged to go.  We hurried and went home, loaded up, and headed out.  It turned out to be a great ride and the kids had fun.  We stayed and had dinner before heading home.  When we got home I went over and saw my Grandpa.  I knew he was getting close and I'm glad I went over that night because the next morning my mom called to tell us he had passed.  I tried to keep it together because soon after the kids got up to find their Easter.  They both got pillow pets (we are so behind the times...), clothes, sandals, and candy.  We then got ready for church and then headed to my parents that night.  This year was different for us, but we still tried to make the best of it.  The kids were good with it and this was probably our most spiritual Easter yet. I love my Savior and all he has done for me and my family.  I know true happiness is through him and I strive everyday to become like him.





No comments: