Ft. Green City has done a live Nativity the last couple of years, but we have not been able to make it. This year we invited the Blackett to go with us and stopped and had dinner before going over. I had failed to look at the poster close enough to see the times. We made it there right at 8:00 pm and by the time the horse drawn sleigh took us up there we were passing baby Jesus in the parking lot. At first I thought it was just cast change, but it turned out to be too cold and some of the cast had left right at 8:00. They did have some cast members stick around for us to go through. They had rolled a woolly blanket to represent baby Jesus. Kensie kept asking where baby "G" was so I crossed my finger she wouldn't notice that there actually wasn't a baby in there. Sure enough she got a confused look on her face and asked where his feet and face were. I told her he was just under the blankets cause it was too cold. Cael knew better and broke the news to her on the way home. Next year I'll pay attention to times. We had a good time anyway and it felt good to get out and do something fun with the Blacketts.

No comments:
Post a Comment