Friday, March 4, 2011

Delta Tournament....

We officially hit the road and took Cael to his first out of town tournament in Delta. He had been looking forward to going for weeks. I mentioned before that Cael had influenza last week and he has still been trying to get over it. He finally got his appetite back, but has still been complaining of stomach pains & being tired. I really debated on taking him just because he had been so whiny, but he kept insisting that we go. On the way over he fell asleep in the car which I thought would be a good thing, but instead he woke up ornery and complaining that his stomach hurt. Casey got him some nachos from the concession and then he did purk up a bit. When we weighed him in he had lost over 3 lbs since the tourney in Juab a couple of months ago. I'm telling ya that influenza was wicked stuff! Him and his buddies, Gavyn & Cooper, had fun messing around before the matches started. It's so fun to see these boys together, they have the best time. They were also introduce to the singlet. Cael has been ANTI-singlet and every time I even mentioned he might have to wear one he has freaked out! Our team Secretary had a bunch with her to rent and so I asked Cael if he wanted one, he of coarse said no. My neighbor Brady then went down and tried to get his boy Cooper to wear one. They finally came to the the agreement that they would if the other one did. Once he put it on he loved it and told me that it was really soft. They thought they were pretty awesome wearing their Crimson & Gold...go Juab!



Cael, Gavyn, & Cooper

Even though Cael had lost weight since the last tournament he still ended up in the heaviest bracket. The poor kid is going to have to learn to be quick because these bigger kids don't mess around. While we were waiting we cheered on Cooper & Gavyn.

Gavyn man-handled this kid for a win!



Cael wrestled this Delta kid first and man was he tough. Cael tried his little heart out, but ended up getting pinned in the 2ND round. He started crying and said he had hurt his hand. I think he was more heart broken, but we reassured him that he did his best and there was no reason to cry about it. Besides it was very obvious that the Delta kid had a lot of experience.
His second match was more even, but he still ended up losing by points.



Overall he did great and even though he wasn't feeling 100% he still did his best. I think he was disappointed that he lost, but I know he is learning alot and getting use to the atmosphere. He had a huge grin when he got his metal and asked on the way home when the next tournament was. I think we are officially addicted to wrestling and can't wait for next weeks tournament in Gunnison.








2 comments:

The Jarretts said...

How cute! Cael and Gavyn are such cute buddies! Tell Cael good job!!

Cravings said...

Your little guys is so cute! He is a total mix of both you and Casey!