Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tis the season....

for INFLUENZA! We have been lucky this winter and not had much sickness in our house. That all changed on Monday when Cael started complaining of his legs hurting. I heated him up a rice bag and he was quickly a sleep.....which he never does during the day. When he woke up from his nap he was on FIRE. I gave him some Tylenol and his fever went down and he started to act normal, but as soon as the meds would wear off he was right back down. It has now been two days and he still sick along with Nikki's kids. Kensie has not shown signs of it besides when she asked for a drink in her serious dramatic voice because her belly hurt. When I handed her a drink she slowly looked at it and said "AWWW choo..." It was the fakest sneeze I've ever heard. She is so funny. I asked around at work today and his symptoms are consistent with Influenza B which has been going around for last month. The bad news is that there is nothing they can do for it and it last for about 4 days. He is eager to get back to school & wrestling and doesn't understand why I won't let him go so I hope it doesn't last long. Get Well Buddy...


1 comment:

Tessa said...

After looking up the symptoms of Influenza B I'm convinced that that is what my hubby has had. He's been so sick for the last 2 weeks with all of those symptoms and he's just now starting to feel better. It's a mean bug! I hope your little guy gets feeling better quick!!!