A couple of months ago Nikki took Cael & the kids to the Animal Ark in Orem to check out all the pets. They did this more for a field trip and when she called me after they had left, she informed me that she had bought him a hamster!!! I tried to keep my cool and act like it was OK, but I was dying inside. I hate RODENTS!!! She then started to laugh and calmed me down by informing me that he would be coming home with frogs. I can handle frogs. :) Grandma Linda dug out an old fish bowl and they joined the crab on his dresser. He didn't name them right away, but after a couple of weeks he declared their names would be "Raden & Rody". Which ironically sounds alot like the two boys Nikki babysits, Braden & Brody, who Cael loves playing with. Overall they have been pretty low maintenance and Cael has loved showing off his new pets. After the hermit crab disaster I thought we just weren't cut out for in-door pets, but after a few months they are still going strong and keep the one crab we have left company.


No comments:
Post a Comment