Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 3: Disneyland :)

After Universal we drove down to our rooms in Anaheim at the Howard Johnson. The next morning we woke up pumped and ready for Disney. Unfortunately Kensie had a little run-in with the door that joined our and the Newtons room. Wyatt said she must have been looking for the other kids in their room and when he came out of the bathroom she ran back into our room and smacked right into the door. I was in putting my shoes on and saw her coming around the corner holding her breath with blood running down her face. I grabbed a towel and tried to keep the blood off her white shirt and look at the damage. It was gaping open and I started to panic and didn't know what to do. I called my dad and he came with his go-go-gadget first aid kit. We put a small band aid on it trying to keep it shut. It actually didn't bleed much and we decided to just watch it.

The kids getting excited to head to the happiest place on earth!!



This was the first time we had been there during the holiday decorations and they were amazing. It totally got me in the mood for Christmas. :)

While we waited for our breakfast Reservation we walked through the castle. Kensie Loves Loves Loves "pink dress" and was excited to see all the fun scene through the castle with her in them. This was also a first for me too.

Breakfast at the Carnation Cafe with Mickey Mouse Waffles. I was glad that I had called and made reservations a few week earlier because the line to get in this place was pretty long. I had the croissantwich-amazing, Casey and the kids had the breakfast plate with eggs, sausage, and mini pancakes. The food was really good and the same price we had paid at Denny's the day before.
While we were eating breakfast Kensie's cut started to bleed through the band aid, so we asked our waitress if there was someplace we could take her. She told us where the first aid station was and we headed there right after we ate. We were greeted by 4 sweet RN's who amazingly calmed Kensie right down. She even let them look at it which was alot more than she had willingly let me do. They said that we should probably take her just cause it would probably scar. When they took the band aid off I thought it actually looked better than it did back at the room. They gave her princess band aid's that brought a smile to her face and the rest of us two front of the line passes for two rides that brought a smile to my face. The nurses thought we were from Canada because of my Accent. I didn't know I had an Accent. Eh... They gave us instructions on how to get to the nearest ER and after we left we talked in over and decided that it wasn't bad enough to stitch and that it would probably scar anyway. So we headed to Peter Pan instead. I was going to use some of my front of the line passes, but the wait wasn't long so we decided to save them.
Don't worry I took my shades off before the ride started. I don't know why I forget I have them on, but Casey always gives me a hard time about it.
Jungle Cruise..we hit this before it closed for Refurbishment.


Casey's Jr train. This was also a first for us too. Some of these things I never knew existed.



Canal Boats. Kensie loved this ride and recognized every princesses house. I guess she really does pay attention to the movies she watches. It was also fun to see this all decorated for Christmas. They all had wreaths on the door and Christmas decor.

Cael couldn't wait for the Jedi Training. I was kind of surprised that he was willing to do it and he actually was pretty worried that he wasn't going to get picked. I had him wear his Darth Vader shirt and told him to make a lot of noise and point at his shirt. We tried to get Gavyn to do it, but he had a tub of popcorn with his name on it. While he was waiting for the Jedi Master to come out and pick he kept turning around and saying "Mom should I point at my shirt now and say pick me?" It felt like an eternity until they finally came out to pick and sure enough Cael stood up and pointed at his shirt. The Jedi Master was going through inviting several kids to go up. Cael kept looking back at me and finally the Master said "even though he has a Darth Vader shirt on I'll give that little boy a chance to be trained. He looked back with a big grin. :) They gave all of them a light saber and rob and taught them proper Jedi technique. All I remember is "activate your weapon", "right shoulder, left shoulder, right leg, left leg, duck", deactivate your weapon." This went on for a few minutes before the stage rose up and Two storm trooper, Darth Maul and Darth Vader came out to fight the Padawan's (jr Jedi's). It was actually really cool to watch and Cael lucked out to be in the group that got to fight Darth Vader. Several kids got scared and wouldn't do it, but Cael surprised me and went right up to him and started fighting. My dad claims that Cael was the first Padawan to duck when he was told and the crowd cheered when he did it right. I don't remember that part, but Grandpa was sure proud of his little Padawan learner.
Darth Maul



Waiting to get picked!

Fighting Darth Vader...

All the Padawans. No, they didn't get to keep the light sabers and robes. Cael loved doing this so much that the only souvenir he wanted was two light sabers.


My parents treated us to an awesome meal at the Blue Bayou. This is the restaurant located in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Sooo fun and Sooo good. It not only had an awesome atmosphere, but the food was Amazing!! Probably the best food I've ever had at a restaurant. Casey had steak and I had Chicken with potatoes that were to die for. My mouth waters thinking of it. Yum. We will definitely do this again. thanks Mom & Dad!


Fantasmic...another first for our family. I had never even heard of this show and was glad that we decided to wait and see it. With the girls being limited to what they could ride, we decided to go and save a seat early and then just take turns sitting with the girls. It worked out awesome and we ended up with perfect seats for the show and fireworks. At one point during the show it snowed, yes they had snow machines all around us. So cool to see. Sadly by the time the show started we had lost all the kids to the sleepy bugs.



Ready for bed...

No comments: