Thursday, April 29, 2010

Casey's Big 30!!!!!

There's a fire....call the fire department! oh wait, it's just Casey's 30 birthday candles. I must confess that I have not done anything for Casey's birthday since we were dating. I'm talking no gift, no card, no cake, or party. We usually just go to dinner and call it good. This year I decided to at least get him a gift since it was his thirtieth. So my Mom rode up with me to get him an Ipod touch and on the way home we were talking about him turning 30 and she offered to throw him a party. I was a little embarrassed that this idea had not even crossed my mind, so I told her she didn't need to do it I would. When I told Casey my idea he immediately chose his menu which was his favorite chicken noodles and homemade rolls. I wanted to surprise him as much as I could so I ordered him a Coldstones cookies 'n cream cake that was layered with devils food cake and cookie ice cream. I also bought just a regular cake to make sure that I had enough. I went to the dollar store and got the trick candles which were impossible to blow-out and with 30 of them together made it a little scary at times. I can read it now "man's 30 birthday candles burn down home". Everything turned out great and he had a good time. He loved the Ipod and cake I surprised him with. I can't imagine life with out him and I wish him many more birthdays to come! Love ya babe!


No comments: