WE LOVE The PBR!!! I know there are a lot of people that don't know what it is, so I will explain . The PBR is not a rodeo, it's an actual sport where 40 of the best bull riders in the world compete against each other for large amounts of money. They hold events all over the US which usually consist of 2-3 days on the weekends, they usually have close to 30 events a year with the finals being in November when they crown the World Champion who wins $1,000,000. The minimum I've seen the Event winner earn in $25,000 up to $250,000 in one weekend. These events are pretty much every weekend and you can watch it on the VS channel. Yes, we do pay for the extra channels so we can have VS! My parents have watched it for year and I really didn't get into it until I went to my first event in SLC. After being there and meeting the riders I was hooked. Unfortunately that was the last year they held one in Utah, so now we have to go to Nampa, Idaho which it just outside of Boise. We went to Nampa two years ago with Eric and Jen and had an absolute Ball! Boise is such a fun place! They have amazing shopping, great food, and the nicest hotels for cheap. We didn't go last year so we were even more excited to make it this year! We left on Thurs Morning drove to Ogden where we started off our diet Free vacation at Olive Garden. Then drove straight to Boise. The weather was pretty good, but we did have to drive through a dust storm which Eric did awesome at. We stopped by the outlets, very dangerous, and then checked into our rooms at the Hyatt which were very nice and clean.Friday morning after breakfast we headed straight to the mall. This mall is huge and easy to get lost in. I literally didn't have anything to wear to the event, so we spent most the day shopping and luckily I found some cute stuff to wear. We ate at Texas Roadhouse before heading to the event. We got there early and was able to get some autographs from Shawn Willingham and Adriano Morias. We also got a shirt and picture from Chad Berger, who has been stock contractor of the year for the past three years. This guy supplies around 50% of the bulls for the events and they interview him all the time on TV. We had really good seats this year thanks to an awesome ticket sales lady who later told me she has a sister-in-law named Trisha Smith who lives in Salt Lake. I love to people watch when I go to these things and oh were there things to chuckle about! There were some girls dressed in what looked like their underwear standing at the main door advertising for a bar in Nampa. They had the big scanky heels, spanks, and tiny tank tops on, so everything was pretty much hanging out. After the event had started they started to walk around handing out their flyer when this old old man in front of us stopped them so his wife could take his picture with them. He had the stupidest grin on his face....dirty old man! Casey also saw an old guy taking pictures of all the girls butts who were walking in front of him. Then the guys saw two lesbians making out, whom I noticed in the crowd because of their cute hair! I thought they were all dressed up cute so they could get the attention from the Cowboys not the Cowgirls.... and then there were your usually once a year Cowboys who are easy to pick out in a crowd. Lots of skin, lots of tattoos, they made Idaho proud!
Guilherme
Guilherme
Ryan McConnell Dakota
I love all the riders, but my very favorite is Guilherme Marchi, he is a Brazillian and won the World Championship in 2008. He is such a nice guy and always makes an effort to talk to the fans. He's not forgotten where his paycheck comes from, if it wasn't for the fans they wouldn't have a job. Guilherme signed our hats for the kids and even posed for a picture. Casey laughs when I say this but "he is a hottie!" We also got our pics with Ryan McConnell and Renoto Nunez. The little cowboy is Dakota, who rode a miniature bull and scored a 90. He was from Utah so we had to get a picture and he was excited we asked. It's hard realize that he was born the year I graduated!
We even got in a little religion too. I can now say I've been through the Boise Temple.
The trip was amazing and very much needed after being tied-down to our bathroom remodel for the past month. Thanks Eric and Jen for such a good time!


No comments:
Post a Comment