I know that
I'm a little late posting these, but that's because I've had a Stampede hang-over! We've had something going every weekend for months and it's finally starting to catch us all! This year was extra fun because
Cael loved every minute. We tried to get to everything starting with the "run of the horses" that came down main. I pulled down to the
fairgrounds and waited right by the bulls, so that we could watch them bring the horses into the corrals. As we were waiting
Cael looked over at the bulls and said "I can't believe Reindeer's here"! For you that don't know, we are big
PBR fans and Reindeer
Dippin is one of our favorite bulls. He bucked on
friday night with our other favorite bulls,
Troubador & Charlie
bullware. We love seeing the bulls we get to watch on TV! I even took the boys down before the rodeo and got there pictures taken in front of
Troubador. He is the highest ranked bull going right now and I can't wait to see him in the
PBR finals! So after we watched the horses and seen the bulls I took
Kensie to the baby contest. She woke up not feeling good and has been trying to cut a tooth for days. She looked extra cute but wasn't her happy self. She didn't place, but I think she was the cutest down there! Gavyn took second and looked so cute with his metal and monkey. In the afternoon we went to the horse parade. We dressed the kids in there stampede clothes. Cael couldn't to wear his new boots and clothes, he even got to wear his cowboy hat that was signed by all the PBR riders. We had a ton of people stop us and ask where he had got all the signatures.
Cael loved all the parades and waved at all the cute cowgirls. (there is a picture in my
slideshow of him flirting) After the parade we took
Cael to the rodeo which he loved. Every time a cowboy would ride he would take his hat off and wave it in the air. His favorite part was the one armed bandit (the dodge is what he kept calling it). Friday was the mammoth parade and all the kids got lots of candy. Chad drove the diesel through with the drill team and Nikki went through with
CVMC. After the parade we went down and let
Cael and
Gavyn ride some of the rides before the Rodeo. They had a good time and
Cael was excited about going to the rodeo again. He asked every 15 min when the dodge was coming out. Here is the video of his reaction.
Friday was the best night of bull riding and was a great way to end the night. Saturday we got up and went to the chuck wagon breakfast. I agree with Marci when she says that the breakfast is still as good at 8:30 as it is at 6:30! We walked through the car show and then headed home to
re cooperate before the parade. After the parade we took
Cael out to
Nikkis for the night because we were going to the Rodeo with Eric & Jen, Matt & Chelsea, and Chris &
Jakoye.

This was the 9
th stampede we have been to with Eric & Jen. We always have a fun time and I hope it's a tradition we never break! After the Rodeo we
always make a couple of trips around the carnival, get our fix on the food, and then go back and hang out at our house. It's always sad to see it end but we can always look forward to next year.
1 comment:
I'm cracking up that you said you were late posting your stuff. I got mine up after you did! I feel all sad that the Stampede is already over and we have to wait till next year! The photo of Cael holding Kensie is adorable.
Post a Comment