We always make an effort to attend the annual Veteran Memorial put on by the American Legion. My dad is the Chaplain so he gets to read the names of the Veterans who are buried in each cemetery. There were close to 400 names in Vine Bluff alone this year which included my Grandpa Earl for the first time. I got a tear in my eye when I heard his name read and it made me realize how much I missed him. Casey's Grandpa Read Smith is also buried at Vine Bluff so his name was read too. There is always the best feeling during the ceremony and it makes me so proud of my families service and most of all Proud to be American!
 |
| My Dad reading the names |
 |
| Taps... |
 |
| I still can't believe he is gone. |
No comments:
Post a Comment