The last couple of years we have wanted to get a play set for the kids. First off, I'm married to the handiest guy this side of Bob Vila, so after we priced the prefab ones he got an idea to build one himself. We threw some numbers around and figured we could probably build one for cheaper and end up with one that would last longer out in the weather. Last year we purchased the lumber and got a good start on it so this year our goal is to finish it.
 |
| The kids were having fun at the Home Depot. I wish me & Casey could have had fun, but we were looking at price tags instead...ouch! We both have a problem with expensive taste, but the real problem was wanting to buy supplies that would be low maintenance and last a long time. Our budget was shot, but hopefully it will pay off. |
 |
| This is our General Contractor Braxten...He kept us in line. I love this kid! |
 |
| You ask Casey to build a sandbox and this is what you get. The outside is coming together. We still have to put the handrail and slide on the porch, get it wired, sofit and fascia, and finish the inside. I'm loving the look and the kids have already spent a hundred hours playing on it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment