Since the first of Aug we have been playing Soccer 1-2 times per week.
Cael advanced this year to the 1st-3rd grade which put him being the youngest and less experienced. He loved soccer last year mostly because of the kids on his team and the fun atmosphere. This year he only knew a few of the kids and I think was intimidated by the older more experienced ones. He rarely got the ball, mostly because he chose to stand back and watch. The second game I pretty much had a melt down when he only moved a few steps the whole game. I don't know why he struggles with being aggressive, but I hope it comes the older he gets. At one point he came home and was mad at me for signing him up for Soccer and not Flag Football. I reminded him that he had to be in Second grade to play football and that he insisted on playing Soccer so he was finishing the season and that he better start trying harder. I refuse to let him give-up and quit. The more I watched the more I noticed he just didn't want to screw up so we started to practice at home and tried to get him use to "tiny"kicks and getting control of the ball. By the end of the season he seemed more comfortable with handling the ball and had a couple of good saves. When I asked him if he wanted to play next year he said no that he wanted to try flag football, but he still had fun.


Back: Coach-Christian
Saez, Hunter Taylor, Taryn Anderson,
Britan Steele, Nathan
Saez,
David Phillips, and Coach Brandon Steele.
Front: Vanessa Hall, Bridger Steele, Taylor Smith, Duncan Pay, Cambree ?, & Cael. Missing: Saige Daley.

He had to pose with his favorite
Blackett Boys...
No comments:
Post a Comment