Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kensie's new bed....

For the past 3 years our little princess has slept in this room. Tonight she rested her head on a new big girl bed. I know what you're think...She's still in a crib! In my defense the only reason was because I've been trying to find a bed I liked. I've had my heart set on one from Land of Nod for a year and have been saving to make the $500 purchase. When we got our tax return Casey told me to just order it so with a big grin I pushed add to cart. Then I saw something disturbing.....$175 for shipping! What! I could not physically pay that much for a bed besides I was already sick about the $500. So I began google searching again. When I looked about 6 months ago I couldn't find anything similar, but this time after one search for a Jenny Lind style bed a Target link came up. I thought it was too good to be true, but sure enough they now carry a similar style bed. YES!!! Drum roll please.....they wanted only $149 with free shipping! I was so excited and it showed up at my house within a couple of days. Today I went up north to find a frame and mattress. Now it has been a couple of years since I went mattress shopping and I had totally forgot how expensive. After looking around at a few places we went into IM Home which has been going out of business for what seems like at least 15 years. I was doubtful that they would still have any mattresses but they proved me wrong and still had quite a few. They wanted $119 for a pillow top which was about $100 cheaper than anywhere else, but the cherry on top was getting the box spring for $20. We stopped at RC Willey and picked up a frame on our way home. I was pumped...I love good deals!





















Kens could not wait to sleep in her new bed because as she put it " i not a baby!" When bedtime came she actually was really nervous and requested that the lights stay on. This is the total opposite of how she usually goes to bed with all lights off and her door shut. After an hour I went in to turn her lights off and she was sitting up staring at the wall. I told her it was lights out and she threw a total fit. I turned a lamp on and let her cry about not having the lights on. She finally went to sleep and did pretty good with the exception of falling off the bed and then crawling under it. Casey could hear her crying and said when he went in there she was no where to be found. He then saw her legs sticking out from under the bed. He pulled her out by the legs and laid her pack down with out her even opening her eyes. My kids are such deep sleeper! It was kind of sad taking the crib down. My kids are growing up so fast. And No I'm not making any baby announcements.



I've ordered new bedding and will be redoing her room as soon as it comes. I've loved the purple in there, but she has requested a pink room so there will be pictures to come.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh how I wish Zach would have stayed in his crib that long. Unfortunately he destroyed his when he turned 2. Makes me tear up a little to see them grow up so fast.