Thursday, February 4, 2010

family of 7

Nikki & Wyatt had a chance to spend a couple of days in Vegas for a Concrete convention, so our little family of four quickly turned into a family of 7 plus one mini-van. On the morning they left Nikki called to remind me that they had 3 kids meaning 2 kids + 1 dog. I had forgot about little Nala and I hardly knew she was there. She spent most of her days laying on her favorite sheet in my kitchen. When Nikki dropped them off I opened the back door so that Nala could meet her 3 (lab)cousins. As Nala ran out to make friends, our giant dogs greeted her with loud barks and teeth. She was back inside with-in a matter of seconds!
As for having Two sets of twins, it turned out to be pretty easy! I don't know if I would want to do it for 18 years but all the kids cooperated and helped out which made every thing a little easier.

Yes, that is marker on Halle's face.


This is the boys working out before going to wrestling practice. I made arrangements with my mom to take the girls so me and Casey could take the boys to their first practice. I hurried and fed the kids, dropped the girls off, and we headed up to the school. That's when we realized that we didn't know where to go. So we started at the Jr high gym which was having a basketball game. As we headed back to the car we noticed cars down at the old middle school. We thought maybe that's where they have it. During all this walking the boys are whining and Gavyn kept loosing his shoe. When we finally made it to that gym all we found was the boys baseball team practicing. Well the only place left is the high school, so we made it back to the car pulled around to the high school and was just getting ready to get out when we saw Kalee standing inside. We called her instead of making the boys get out and walk again. She said all that was going on was the high school basketball game. We couldn't figure where else they could be so we finally called the people who were over it. They informed us that it was at the high school wrestling room.....in two weeks. Go figure. A whole night wasted because we forgot to get the details!
The best part of having a family of 7 is being able to drive the sports wagon. I loved that Van! It's more like a living room on wheels with a TV and all! I even shed a little tear when they came to pick it up. Maybe some day I'll have a lot of money and can afford one (Cael once told my mom that she didn't have as much money as Nikki, because Nikki drove a van! it's been an inside joke ever since!)

No comments: