After months of tending our prize garden it came time to HARVEST! We started early on Saturday morning picking and only stopped just long enough to swallow a piece of pizza and then we were back to work. When the seven heaping laundry baskets showed up my dad hurried and ran to greenline and bought 3 more pressure cookers. That gave us 4 cookers to tend and they would do around 19 pints each, so I thought we would be done in no time...I was wrong. Even with the 4 cooker we still didn't finish until around 11 pm that night. We had already froze corn during the week and then with our marathon bottling day we ended up with around 200 pints each plus 40 for my grandpa. I was so tired when I landed in my bed that night, but it made me feel sooo good to think of my selves full of corn for the year. On Monday, Casey got a wild hair and finally gutted our master bathroom that we haven't used in over year...long story. By the end of the day he had Everything out of the bath and ready to finish. I might actually have my shower back...Yahoo! He also replaced the little prison window with a nice big one we can actually see out of. I will post final pict later when the project is complete, but here's a couple for now. 

No comments:
Post a Comment