Friday, August 14, 2009

Boulder Mountain and Girls Only weekend....

Every year the guys in Casey's family spend the bow hunt with the MEN...no girls allowed. I've not ever been to offended by it, I think It's good for him to spend time with his Dad, Uncles and cousins. The last 2 years Cael's been old enough to go and they spend most the weekend sleeping in, fishing, 4-wheeling, and just having some quality relaxation time! The fishing was good this year and Cael caught several with his Batman fishing pole. Casey almost had to jump in after his pole when a fish jumped at his bait. Cael's not to fond of them when they are out of the water, but he did try some for dinner! Me and Kens spent the weekend shopping, eating out, and sleeping! On Saturday we went shopping with my mom and I was shocked on how good she was. Usually one of us just stays in the car so we don't have to deal with her in the store. I think it must have been because Cael wasn't there. She loves him so much and always wants to be loving on him. So when he wasn't there to torment her, she was actually pretty content to shop. We even ate at Olive Garden. I was pretty hesitant to eat there just because I knew she would sit, but she proved me wrong by sitting in her chair and dipping bread sticks. After this weekend I am convinced it's good to spend alone time with both my kids. I could believe how their personality changed when they were by themselves.

No comments: