After months of preparation the Second grade performed their Polar Express Program. Cael had been singing the songs for weeks and I couldn't wait to go see it. Growing up we had a video of Chad's Christmas program from kindergarten that was always a favorite home video. Well the morning of the program Cael woke up and said he was dizzy. I told him to eat his breakfast and lay down for a minute. He started to feel a little better and said he wanted to go so I sent him out the door. I then left for work and dropped Kensie off. Well I had just got to work when the phone rang and sure enough Cael had started to throw-up at school. I was devastated at the thought of him missing his only Christmas program and when I picked him up it broke my heart to see him in the office still with his Santa hat on. He started crying and felt bad he had to miss the morning performance they did for the whole school. I told him we would go home and see if we could get him feeling better for the evening performance. He came home and slept most of the morning before getting up and having some soup. I told him if he could keep it down then he could go that night. Luckily he was able to keep it down and wasn't fevering at the time of the program. Now to my defense I am totally against people bringing their sick kids out, but he hadn't thrown up for 9 hours and wasn't fevering so I gave in and let him go. The program turned out so cute and I was glad he was able to be apart. His favorite song was "Hot Chocolate" and it was the perfect start to Christmas Break.





No comments:
Post a Comment