Monday, September 10, 2012

Gymnastics

The girls have started their first year of gymnastics at Nebo gymnastics in Salem.  I had called at the first of the summer and was put on a waiting list to get them in a class.  At the first of August they called back and said they had room for them.  Nikki took the girls up and had them pick out a new leotard and Kensie had been asking everyday when it would start.  On the first day Kensie acted a little nervous when we got there but I thought she would be ok.  When it was time to have her line up I noticed she still had her flip-flops on so I told her to come take her shoes off and as she was heading back down to get in line she fell off the bleachers and hit her head.  She started crying and refused to leave my side.  I tried everything to get her to go out and participate but she refused.  On the day of her next practiced I was trying to get her excited about going, but she kept telling me she didn't like "nastics" and she wasn't going.  She hadn't even tried it and I felt like I couldn't let her give up that easy so I had a small melt down and threatened to throw away every toy she had in her room if she didn't cooperate and be good at practice.  She finally agreed to not throw a fit and give it try.  I also let her pick out a toy to help her "not be afraid" at practice.  Well it worked like a charm and she went right out and has loved every minute since.  I can already see her improving each week and can't wait to see how far she has progressed at the end of the season.






No comments: