Monday, July 4, 2011

Let freedom ring!!!

Yahoo for the fourth of July........and a long weekend! With the fourth falling on a Monday this year the city decided to split the celebration into two days. The park happenings were on Saturday and the fire works went up on Monday. Gavyn slept over on Friday night with the plan of Nikki & Wyatt coming in early the next morning and us all going to the park. This has been the tradition, but you will notice in the picture who ended up going to the park.....only the Newtons. After listening to whining, crying, name calling, back talking, & complaining over their outfits Momma bear lost her temper and kept both Smith kids home. I have had it with their picked on attitudes and I kept to my guns and followed through on my threat. We went and got a drink and drove around the park to show the kids what they were missing. Cael claimed that he didn't want to go anyway, but by that night he confessed he wished he would of been good. It took Cael most of the day to admit that he was wrong and we didn't have anymore attitude problems the rest of the weekend. Casey spent the whole day working on the playhouse instead. Monday we had our traditional firework BBQ. We had a hard time decided what to serve this year and I finally made the decision to make home-made Philly Cheese Steaks. Casey was totally against this and wanted to do Turkey again. He ate his words when he had his first sandwich and it melted in his mouth. I found the recipe online and it turned out so Yummy! I even made buns for the first time. For the past couple of years it has rained and the power has went out and sure enough the same thing happened this year. I found a bunch of 4th of July trivia online with word searches and scrabbles. I think everyone had fun working on their packets while we waited for the fireworks and Power to come back on.










Kayden Park, Kalee, & G&G Morgan


Grandma Morgan, Grandpa Earl, & Paul


Abbie, Chris & Jakoye


My Mom made these firework fruit pick and Jakoye made some fun Red/White/& Blue strawberries.


Kensie trying to wake up from her nap.



The kids love Kayden and he is always willing to play with them.


Working on their packet. Grandpa Morgan refuse because as he put it "i didn't come to take a test!" He is so funny!


Pouring Rain



























No comments: