Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Soccer 2010.....


This year was Cael's first year of playing Soccer and he loved it! We had a really good team that out numbered and out sized most of the competition. Team Real Salt Lake Members: Cael Smith, Cooper Blackett, Hunter Taylor, Drew Goodman, Brooklyn Bishop, Huntington Bishop, Eden Hall, Duncan Pay, Logan Phillips, & Jimmy Rosenbeck. They didn't officially keep score, but they won most of the games and tied once. They also had the best looking coach, I mean look at that hottie! Yes, Casey was the coach and did an awesome job! He wasn't too happy with me when he found out that I had checked the "i'm willing to coach" box on the registration form, but forgave me when he realized how much fun it was. Many of the parents commented to me that they appreciated how patient he was with the kids. Little Huntington Bishop (he is standing right by Casey) was the youngest kid on the team and mostly just followed Casey around the field. When the ball would get close to him Casey would pick him up and swing him so his legs would kick the ball. It was so cute and his parents told Casey later that when they would leave a game all Huntington would talk about was Casey and how he got to kick the ball. They thanked Casey several times for his effort to make sure that Huntington got part of the action. He loved working with the kids and it gave us a chance to meet some of the kids that Cael will be going to school with. Casey even got an electrical job out of it. I spent the games cheering the team on. During one game, Cael broke away with the ball and was heading to the goal when I yelled "Go Cael!" He stopped looking at the ball and started looking at our cheering section. Dr. Rosenbeck started laughing and told me to stop cheering so loud because I was distracting him. I told him Cael needed to get use to the loud cheering, because that's what I do. I'll remind you of the wrestling practice insident. Anyway, Cael was a good player and made at least 4 goals through the season. I was sad the season ended so fast, but we enjoyed every game! Go Team REAL Salt Lake!!!!

No comments: