Friday, November 27, 2009

Are we Crazy????


The answer would be "YES!" I've pretty much always shopped the day after thanksgiving. We would leave Nephi around 5:30 make a few stops on the way to Provo, mostly getting there after the doors were open and rush over. Well this year Toys R Us did something different and started their sale at Midnight. There ad was amazing and we decided to start there! We got there around 10:30 pm and the line was already to FYE. We quickly got our lawn chairs, blankies, and hot chocolate out and got in line. We had the funniest girl named Angela standing in line by us. If it wouldn't have been for her we never would have made it! She was yelling at random people, stealing carts to "protect from line jumpers!" When we got closer to the door she would cheer for the people coming out and ask what they got. They were only letting around 50 people in every 15 minutes. We started to get really close to the door when these to B-OCh's started screaming at this lady and accusing her of jumping in front of them. I guess they couldn't get there cart (with a little girl in it - another thing that drives me crazy!) up the sidewalk so they stopped and this lady kept walking. If you're going to bring your kids and have a cart then you need to accept that people may get in front of you. I finally spoke up and tried to defend the poor lady by letting them know she didn't line jump. When I looked back through the pictures that I took this poor lady was only one or two people behind them. Big Deal! Uggh. Anyway this was pretty entertaining and of coarse our neighbor Angela got right in the middle of it and started yelling! From this point on it pretty much went down hill! We had people constantly butting in front of us, several I knew (but still love-you know who you are :)]. We finally made it in and I ran to the Lego's and luckily they still had what I was after. After grabbing a few other things I decided to get in line because it was pretty much wrapped around the store. I got in line and after a few minutes the manager had us move to the blue tape area, where the check-out line was starting. Yeah right! They were sooo unorganized! They had no crowd control and we ended up spending over 2 hours in a line that did not move because every one kept making there own check-out line in front of us and they were letting them! I was about ready to scream at someone! Finally they realized the problem that everyone waiting in the line had figured out hours earlier! We finally made it the check-out and later learned they had a lady pass-out and they had to call the EMT's. Honestly, never again! After figuring our savings we pretty much only made under $10 an hour.
Crowd control- maybe it would help if you got out of the car and arrested the line jumpers! They're stealing money from everyone they butted in front of! I'm writing my congressman to see if the government will take action next year!

The people standing on the right side are facing us which means the line had went to the end of the block and started to wrap back around and now the people at the end of the line are by the front door. What Chaos!







The crazy bunch! This is who started out, but after our nightmare at Toys R Us my mom, Nikki, and Jess went home. The Smith girls kept it going all night and when Nikki called me a 10 am the next morning we were still going strong! Nikki and my Mom ended up coming back up to finish. We made it to every single store and made it home around 3:00pm. I have to say that I really didn't get too tired. We moved a lot and I drank a lot of Dr. P. It really didn't hit me until I got home and took a hot bath. Then I was history. I slept a couple of hours and then got up for a couple and then went to bed at my normal time.




I can honestly say that I will never do this again! I've even got myself talked out of going at all, but maybe I'll change my mind before next year. :)




No comments: