Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good Bye Cali

All good things must come to an end... Even when you're in the Happiest place on earth! I was so sad to see our trip coming to an end and of course the day flew by. Our goal for the last day was to get to everything we had missed so far. Nikki had these shirts made for us and I was kind of worried about what we would all look like wearing the same shirt, but it turned out we fit in with all the other family reunions. The first hurtle of the day was "finding Nemo" aka huge huge line. After the count down the gates were opened and we all ran to Nemo. The line was already forming, but we only had to wait 15 mins. We all loved it especially the boys. While we were in Tomorrowland the guys decided to go on space mountain. I did not have a good experience last time and ended up being sick for the rest of the day, so the ladies decided to go over to King Arthur Carousel with the boys. Our next stop was Toon Town. The boys loved going through all the houses and seeing all the characters. We went all the way through Mickey's house and into the backlot for a picture with the Man himself. The boys were not scared one bit and pictures turned out sooo cute. Next we thought we better get over to Cali Adventure and get a fast pass for Screamin. I LOVE roller coasters, but this one scared the crap out of me. My mom almost lost her glasses which would have been a disaster! She actually loved Screamin and hated tower of terror! I was the total opposite. I'm glad I can say I went, but never again. We tried to check everything out. We went to the Blue Sky Cellar which had all the things that are coming to disneyland. It was short and sweet. I was told by a friend that we had to go to the Animation Academy and I'm so glad that we did. While we were waiting for the next class we walked through the animation exhibits. Sooo amazing! Once our class started we all got a animators sheet and they taught us how to draw Mickey. By just using shapes we all (including the 4 year olds) had drawn a perfect mickey. It made the cutest Keepsake. We ended the day by shopping, getting our picture taken, and hitting a few last rides. On the Jungle Cruise our captain was especially funny and sang Casey Happy Birthday. Yep, that right Casey got to spend his birthday in Disney. He even got a gift card with $69 on it and a cute badge to wear all day. Yeah right, I was lucky to get him to wear it long enough that I could get his picture with it on! I told him he looked studly in it but he didn't buy it. That night we ate at Outback, Casey's choice, shopped for cheap T-shirt, and tried to run over a cement barrier (thanks Wyatt, my life flashed before my eyes!). To say the trip was fun is an understatement because it was fabulous and a well needed break from life! The ride home was not so fun and I got to pee in the scariest bathroom I've ever seen! I think I'm still trying to get rid of some of the virus I caught in that place....yuck! {Note to self} pee in Baker, Ca next time because once you cross the border there is no where else for a really long time unless you are willing to pee with the homeless living at all the close gas stations along the way!




No comments: