Tuesday, January 6, 2009

i'm only a month behind!

Oh,where has the month gone? Lots and lots has happened and I've not had five seconds to post anything. Lets start at the firs of the month. On december 7 we had the Jarrett christmas party. My grandpa had his hip replaced on Nov 25 and was not feeling good enough to leave the hospital, so the hospital was kind enough to let us have our party in the conference room so that he could come. He was so excited about being able to go and was something that he needed. He's home now and is improving every day.
Bonnie's family did a great job at planning and we all had a lot of fun. On Dec 14 we had the smith Christmas party at Grandma Morgan's where all the kids exchanged gifts and we ate yummy food.





The adults played a gift exchange game and kids had fun playing with their new toys.
Christmas eve we started out at my mom and dad's where we ate and opened our christmas eve gifts. After we headed to Chris and Jakoyes for more food.










Both the kids fell a sleep at 7:00 that night and Cael was up early. Me and Casey have started the tradition of getting up before the kids and exchanging. I'm really starting to like it because it gives us the chance to spend time together and be able to play with our toys before the kids get up and it's all about them. Santa spoiled me this year and brought me a Canon Rebel! I was so excited and took almost 250 pictures with it on Christmas day alone!


Thanks Santa! Casey got a new gun and Rockband.


I think this year has been the funnest yet with Cael. He knew exactly what was going on and really had a good reaction to the presents Santa had left. He got up about an hour before Kensie so he had time to play with his toys that Santa had brought before we opened the other presents. By the time Kensie woke up Cael was ready to open his other presents. Kensie came right in and started playing with her toys. She went over to Cael's bike and pointed with a smile.

Santa brought Kensie a kitchen and Cael a new Motorcycle bike which he rode immediatly and said "this is just what I wanted!" They got tons of other toys and clothes. After we opened our christmas we went to Grandma Linda's for breakfast and then to grandma Vicki's to exchange gifts with them. Our Christmas was perfect and i'm sad that its over!

2 comments:

The Cowan's said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm sad Christmas is over too. It feels like you spend months to get ready for and then it's over so fast.... I'm glad you had a good Christmas.

Amie Steele said...

Hey Trisha! You will love your new camera! That is the one I started with when I started getting into photography, it's amazing! Santa was good to you:) Looks like you guys had a good Christmas!