
On Monday we went on Cael's first field trip to the red barn. All of the kids were excited to go on the wagon ride and of course Cael wanted to ride in the wagon with the hay (that had been rained on). After a few seconds my butt was completely wet. A lot of the kids were excited to see the tractor and hay. Cael was confused about this since everyones grandpa is a farmer! right? When we got to the patch Cael ran to the first pumpkin he saw and wanted to claim it. It's stem had been broken off so I talked him into the one with a stem. He then got ornery (hunger) and wanted to go back to the wagon. After we got back to the wagon he tried to lift the pumpkin and broke the stem off. So much for getting one with a stem! When we got back to the barn he ate his donut and we wandered through the store. After looking through every bit of candy he finally decided on two apples, one for him and his dad. This made a very good impression on his teacher (wink)! But i assured her that this was a rare occasion!
2 comments:
Fun.... I love the pumpkin patch. I just love halloween besides the cold weather!
Hey! We went on a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch on Tuesday and froze! The kids, of course, had a blast. I happened to be a big fan of the doughnuts! Yum! I didn't take our pumpkins out of the car right away, so they rolled around in the back of the car and one of our stems broke off too!
Post a Comment